Here are some ppts and other resources that you can use to support your child developing their phonic skills.
- A phoneme is the letter sound.
- A grapheme is the letter.
- A digraph is 2 letters working together to make 1 sound eg. ch, sh, th, ng
- A trigraph is 3 letters working together to make 1 sound.
- We sing the alphabet song so children also know the letter names.
- We also practise our tricky (Balloon words).
The children have been working really hard and enjoy daily phonics. We hope you have enjoyed watching their skills develop.